Thursday, September 30, 2010

Don't be funny

I just heard back from a publisher that looked at my manuscript and said that they found it entertaining and the subject matter was unique but they were worried, quote, "about the constant humorous narrative."

So here was my response.

Thank you for your quick feedback on the manuscript.

For your review, I've submitted a revised edition where I kick dogs every other chapter.

I hope this balances the tone of the book to your liking.

Best -

- Michael

1 comment:

Bea said...

You don't think your response was too humorous? Are you expecting feedback on your response, and if so, are you worried?

I guess laughing at infertility makes some people uncomfortable. And frankly, I'm going to say it, it should. But the question ought to be, will your readers be uncomfortable, too uncomfortable to want to read? Or just the editor?

Bea